Transition Days & Indian Summer-





Since my last update we have had the One Fly and said so long to summer. Over the past couple of weeks my fishing has been good and a few days exceptional... but as of lately getting tougher. Guides always have a few excuses hiding back in their minds, so here is my take on the conditions now- transition! Late summer is awesome here in JH and now it is officially autumn with lingering hints of summer(today it hit 80degrees), so why is the fishing up and down? Well, actually I am still seeing wonderful fishing but the fish are absolutely picked over and pressured. Seeing lots of refusals and bumps- the water temps are nice and cold, its bright, and the river is still flowing good @ 2700cfs near Moose. Once we get a weather change the water drops and pressure decreases I think some folks will be rewarded with Cutthroat gold! Thanks to all I fished with in the 2009 One Fly, I had my best finish ever...2nd place in Wyoming.

Comments

Popular Posts