Bug Soup on the Green!



Well, I honestly feel we have finally crossed over to the summer dry fly mania... this past week I guided a full week and to my delight and my clients we were able to fish dries almost 80% of the time with good to great success. Lately, for JH guides the Green has been our go to and is producing good trout on the soup of bugs that are hatching at the time...caddis, drakes and a mixture of stoneflies are the menu. Flows are still a little high but clearing very nicely every day. Most years I would have been on the South Fork through our high water period but this year the SF was highest of all and just recently dropped to a great fishing flow around 13,500cfs, so I hope to venture over there this week and will be sure to post a report and pics.  Thanks to all for a great week on the water... Enjoy! Be sure to check out the NEW website at Jack Dennis!

Comments

Popular Posts